What is an Overdraft?
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account. We refer to this service as Overdraft Privilege.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or to a line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. Learn more about our overdraft protection practices and options.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices (Overdraft Privilege).
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Check (share drafts) and other transactions made using your checking (share draft) account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined. You may opt out of Overdraft Privilege at any time by contacting us at the number noted below.
What fees will I be charged if Workers Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $30 each time we pay an overdraft.
- The maximum number of overdraft and/or non-sufficient funds fees that we assess is limited to three per day
What if I want Workers Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, contact your local branch office, call 978-345-1021 or 800-221-4020 (for non-local calls in MA & NH), or complete the digital form below.
If you authorize Workers Credit Union to pay overdrafts for ATM and everyday debit card transactions, you may revoke it at any time by calling us at the number above or using the form below.
Workers Credit Union, 815 Main Street, Fitchburg, MA 01420.
Thank you for giving Workers Credit Union the opportunity to serve you. We appreciate our loyal members and look forward to assisting you with all of your financial needs.