Workers Way Mortgage for First-Time Home Buyers
Turn your dream of owning a home into a reality. With expert guidance and attainable requirements, our mortgage team can bring you home, the Workers Way.
Stop Paying Rent
The Workers WayTM Mortgage for first-time home buyers1 is designed to make buying your first home a reality. With relaxed credit score requirements, a lower down payment, and access to an experienced mortgage team, you are one step closer to owning your own home. Apply with a team member and ask about our competitive rates.
- Qualifying credit score of 620
- Low down payment
- First Time Home Buyer coupon: $1200 off closing costs
- Home buyer education course required
Feel Confident Buying A New Home
A Workers Way Financial Coach will work with you to create a monthly budget that makes owning your home a reality. Achieve your dreams, the Workers Way.Schedule an Appointment
All Workers mortgages give you access to:
Convenient Online Payments
Online and Mobile Banking
Experienced Mortgage Team
Homeowner's Insurance Options
Tips For Home buying In Turbulent Economic Times
Buying a house is far from a stress-free endeavor, even in the best of times. However, the recent increase in interest rates coupled with inflation and the diminished supply of houses on the market have some home buyers more than a little rattled. Mortgage rates have risen since the start of 2022, which leads to higher monthly payments...
1All Mortgages: Subject to credit underwriting and approval. Loan amount may vary based upon credit approval. Visit our rates page for all available rates and terms. Rates effective as of and subject to change at any time. Offers may be withdrawn at any time. Workers Federal Credit Union membership required.
- Workers Way for First-Time Home Buyers: Primary residence owner occupied, 1-4 family and condominiums located in MA and NH only. Credit score of 620 or higher unless otherwise noted. Properties used for business purposes do not qualify. Home Buyer Education course must be completed by at least one borrower. Borrower is responsible for the cost of the course. Speak with a mortgage originator to determine eligibility.
- First-Time Home Buyer Definition: An individual is to be considered a first-time homebuyer who (1) is purchasing the security property; (2) will reside in the security property as a principal residence; and (3) had no ownership interest (sole or joint) in a residential property during the three-year period preceding the date of the purchase of the security property. In addition, an individual who is a displaced homemaker or single parent also will be considered a first-time homebuyer if he or she had no ownership interest in a principal residence (other than a joint ownership interest with a spouse) during the preceding three-year time period.
2Text, data, and messaging rates apply for downloading/utilizing the app and text alerts.
3Coverage varies by carrier. Products offered by Workers Insurance Agency and Affiliated Companies. Coverage is subject to eligibility and availability. Other terms, conditions, and exclusions may apply. Insurance products available through Workers Insurance Agency, a CUSO of Workers Credit Union are: NOT A DEPOSIT NOT NCUA-INSURED, NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY, NOT GUARANTEED BY THE CREDIT UNION, OR AFFILIATES MAY LOSE VALUE.