Effective January 16, 2020
Within this policy Workers Federal Credit Union will be referred to as “WCU”, “Workers”, “we”, “us”, and “our”. The individual website user will be referred to as “you” and “your”.
The policy below will explain how we collect, use, disclose and protect the information acquired via this website. We may adjust the policy at any given time and will notify you by updating the effective date at the top of this page. We encourage you to review this policy whenever you interact with us through the website to stay informed of our practices.
Information That You Provide To Us
You may choose to provide your personal information through our chatbot and/or online forms located on this website. Data collected through these means may include name, contact details, products, or service of interest and/or a personalized message from you. Once your information is submitted, it is emailed to the appropriate Workers staff and may be stored digitally. This information will be used to communicate with you regarding your noted inquiry.
Information That We Collect Automatically
When you visit our website or mobile banking app to browse, read, or download information, we or our service providers may automatically collect (and we may retain) information that relates to the device you are using to access our services and information about your activity on our sites. Below is further information about the service providers we use and the types of data that they collect on our behalf, as well as what to do should you wish to limit this type of data collection.
What is it? Hotjar is a technology service that helps us better understand our users’ experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our service with user feedback.
Why do we use it? We use Hotjar in order to better understand our website users’ needs and to optimize our website experience.
How to opt out: You can opt out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt out link.
Google Products (Analytics, Adwords, and Tag Manager)
What is it?
- Google Analytics is a digital analytics service that tracks and reports on website traffic (e.g. user page navigation paths, how much time is spent on each page, what days/time users visit, etc.).
- Google AdWords is an advertising platform.
- Google Tag Manager is a tool that helps us manage tracking code.
Why do we use it?
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to better understand our website users’ behavior to optimize our website experience.
- Google AdWords: AdWords is used as a means to reach prospective members that may be interested in the products and services we offer.
- Google Tag Manager: Our developers use Google Tag Manager to deploy and manage tracking code in order for us to use certain tracking techniques.
What data is collected and how?
- Google Analytics: Information about how you navigate our site is recorded such as pages visited, how long you’re on the site, etc. This is accomplished with cookies, which help store your preferences and navigation information when you visit our webpage. Personally identifiable information is not collected by Google Analytics.
- Google AdWords: We use AdWords to advertise and remarket to or reach similar audiences of those who view our ads. This helps us reach those who we believe could be interested in our products and services. This is accomplished with cookies, which help store your preferences and navigation information when you visit our webpage. Personally identifiable information is not collected by Google AdWords.
- Google Tag Manager: Google Tag Manager does not collect, retain, or share information from our visitors.
How to opt out:
- Opt out of having your site activity tracked by Google Analytics here.
- Opt out of seeing personalized ads with Google AdWords and their partners here.
- To manage other third-party online advertising opt outs, visit the National Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt Out page.
Online Banking and Workers CU Mobile Banking App
Members can access qualified account information through our online banking platform and our Workers CU Mobile Banking App. Once logged in, information about how you interact with these platforms may be collected to improve user experience and offer information about relevant products and services. Members are automatically opted in to receiving marketing messages from Workers Federal Credit Union while using these platforms. To opt out, please email [email protected] with the subject line: Digital Marketing Opt Out. Within the body of the email, please provide your name, username, and email associated with the account. Please DO NOT provide any sensitive data in this email such as a password or account number. Please note: When opting out of marketing messages from within digital banking platforms, you may miss information regarding minor scheduled maintenance downtimes. Major planned outage notifications will go out via email and will not be affected if you opt out of this advertising. Please refer to the Digital Banking User Agreement for more information on using these platforms including in-depth information regarding computer requirements and security measures.
We may use third parties to send promotional emails to prospective members on our behalf. Prospective members can opt out of receiving emails from such third-party vendors via an unsubscribe link that is included within the email.
When an individual becomes a Workers Federal Credit Union member, they are automatically opted in to our member marketing email list. This list is used to send our members:
- Financial tips/education
- Information about Workers products/services that may be of interest
Members always have the option to opt out of such communications by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email. Opting out of such emails will not opt out a member from receiving important account-related emails or other forms of communication.
For questions about your personal data that we keep on file or to make changes to your data, please call our member services at 1-800-221-4020.
For questions regarding the use of our website or digital marketing, please contact our marketing department at [email protected].