Get an inside look at Workers Credit Union
Our members – both long-time and brand-new – have chosen Workers for full banking services to meet a lifetime of financial needs, and we can help you, too. We would love to show you how we can save you money, and make banking easier, and more convenient.
We take the time to focus on the things that are important to you. With more than 100 years of history, Workers Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in Massachusetts. We provide innovative financial services via our highly rated mobile app, and in-person at convenient locations across the state. No matter how you choose to interact with us, we are here. In addition to daily financial services, we offer retirement, and investment advisory services, as well as home, and auto insurance.
Here are some of the key dates in the history of Workers Credit Union:
- 1914 – Opened on Wallace Avenue in Fitchburg. John Suominen was the first Manager (position now called President/CEO) and Franz Syrjala was the first President (now called Chairman of the Board)
- 1979 – Workers moves to Main Street in Fitchburg (current location)
- 1980 – Acquires Gardner Municipal, Nichols and Stone and Orange credit unions
- 1982 – Cleghorn CU acquired
- 1984 – Gardner Polish-American CU acquired
- 1992 – Atlantic Union College CU and Heritage CU acquired
- 1992 – Townsend branch opens
- 1993 – Nashoba CU acquired
- 1994 – Leominster Branch opens (Twin City Plaza)
- 1998 – Merger with Fitchburg Postal Employees CU
- 2003 – Acton Branch opens
- 2004 – Merger with Westford Municipal Employees CU and Chelmsford CU
- 2006 – Mergers with Crobank CU and Peoples Community CU
- 2007 – Merger with Peoples Community CU branch at Water Tower Plaza in Leominster
- 2007 – Acton-Boxborough Regional High School branch opens
- 2008 – Leominster Walmart in-store branch opens
- 2015 – Westford and Monty Tech High School branches open
- 2015 – Site purchased for new corporate headquarters
- 2016 – Branch renovation project kicks off
Workers Credit Union provides banking services to greater Chelmsford, Westford, Groton, Townsend, Lunenburg, Lancaster, Leominster, Fitchburg, Orange, Lowell, Tewksbury, Concord, Clinton, and Athol, MA. Contact us or visit us to see how Workers can make a positive difference in your life.