Here’s how you can feel safer with a MasterCard Secure Code:
- On guard. You get an additional layer of security for when you shop online.
- Top secret. You create a code to use online with participating retailers that only you will know.
- No prying. Even the merchant does not have access to this information, making for a more secure transaction.
- No change. You don’t need to get a new MasterCard to sign up for your secure code.
- Time efficient. It only adds seconds to each purchase to use your code.
- Use anywhere. Your code will work from any computer.
- Sign up. Register for your secure code.
Your Little Secret When You Shop Online
Area codes. Access codes. Zip codes. Morse code. (Well, not so much these days.) We know you really don’t want to have to memorize another code. But this one is worth it. If you’re a MasterCard holder, it takes just a few minutes to create a PIN number. You then punch it into the checkout page of a website whenever you make an online purchase. If someone steals your card, they can’t run up charges because they don’t have your code. We guess that makes it a safety PIN.