Here’s why you might want to secure a Savings Secured Loan:
- Asset assist. A Certificate of Deposit or Workers Share Account is used as collateral when you need a loan.
- Saving grace. Get a low loan rate while continuing to receive high yields on your deposits.
- Shifting rates. Interest costs on loans vary depending on the type of collateral used.
- Take five. Maximum loan repayment term is 60 months. That’s five years.
- Buy security. Life and disability insurance is available to protect borrowers.
A First-Rate Way to Keep Finances on Track
You’ve heard the expression “robbing Peter to pay Paul.” Basically, it means creating one problem by solving another. A financial example is when you raid a high-yield savings account or certificate of deposit to cover a temporary financial need. A better strategy might be to borrow a bit of money now and to leave your savings to grow. With a Secured Savings Loan, your other Workers accounts serve as collateral and you get a lower rate on your loan. If you ask us, that’s quite a steal.
Workers Credit Union provides in-person banking services and financial coaching at locations in Worcester, Lowell, Fitchburg, Gardner, Chelmsford, Westford, Groton, Townsend, Lunenburg, Lancaster, Leominster, Athol, Hudson, and Orange, MA.Apply for your Savings Secured Loan online or contact us with any questions.